Teach For Malaysia’s core values reflect how we as an organisation want our team to operate, individually and collectively. Our core values are central to our culture and represent the values we strive to embody on our path towards reaching our vision.
1. Sense of possibility
We believe that any achievement is possible, if we foster a strategic plan to achieve our goals effectively.
- Belief in education – Not only do we believe in education for all, but also we believe that all can be educated to succeed and excel regardless of their origin
- Maintain positivity – We approach our work with optimism in every situation, think boldly and welcome new ideas openly
- Drive innovation – We place emphasis on creativity and ingenuity, seeking innovations and ideas that can drive our mission forward. We anticipate potential challenges and move quickly to embrace them with effective solutions
We pursue our vision with a sense of purpose and urgency to achieve ambitious outcomes.
- Set ambitious goals – We set ambitious, impactful goals to achieve our vision and aspirations
- Attain measurable results – We prioritise strategic thinking when seeking the best answers and approaches, and make rational decisions that are driven by facts and data
- Commit to impact – We persevere in the face of challenges, and seek resources with a positive and realistic attitude to ensure the best outcomes
- Build strong relationships – We adapt well to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes with others by fostering trust and respect
- Appreciate diversity – We keep in mind the limitations of our own experiences and value diversity among people, ideas and opinions. We maintain humility at all times, recognise the contribution of others and express gratitude readily
- Inspire others – We strive to act as inspirational role models and to provide a professional and fun environment at both our workplace and the classroom
- Communicate honestly – We center our actions on facts, express opinions constructively and regularly provide authentic feedback to others
- Behave professionally – We represent our organisation professionally, acquire full ownership of commitments, acknowledge where mistakes are made, and utilise available financial and physical resources efficiently
- Act responsibly – We ensure that our actions and beliefs are aligned to the greater good of society by weighing long-term benefits over short-term gratifications